U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
“THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: CELEBRATING THE PAST, PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE”
The event features a panel of young adults with different types of disabilities who have grown up in the era of the ADA’s implementation. WMDSC’s Board Secretary, Natalia M. Rivera Morales, is among the group of panelists for this event!
Friday, July 24th
9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Location: 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, in Washington, DC
- Accomplished athlete and six-time national champion in wheelchair racing and archery, Casey Followay of Ohio
- National Council on Independent Living activist, Jaggar DeMarco of New Jersey.
- Founder of Social Justice Media Services and Disability Rights Blogger, Emily Ladau of New York
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD) activist, Nia Lazarus of California
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network Leadership Programs Coordinator and WMDSC Board Secretary, Natalia M. Rivera Morales of Maryland.
Spread the word now to all those you know about DOE’s #ADA25 celebration! The event is expected to reach maximum capacity, so RSVP today at one of the following links:
- Non-Profit Organizations (including consumer-driven organizations)
- Educational Institutions (junior high schools, high schools, colleges, and universities)
- Local Government Agencies
- State Government Agencies
- Federal Government Agencies
- For-Profit Businesses
- Faith-Based Organizations
Alternatively, to receive the RSVP via email, please write to Isabella Espiritu atIsabella.Espiritu@ed.gov or call her at (202) 453-6369 [Voice/Relay/VRS].